Skip to main content

CCR Draft #3

Throughout the entirety of creating my magazine, I had the opportunity to further develop my production skills in all aspects. Since I was constantly taking new pictures of my model for my magazine, I was able to learn more about the picture-taking process, and discovered what good lighting looked like. Moreover, I learned how to better use Lightroom to edit these pictures. Furthermore, I went form not knowing was InDesign even was, to fully relying on it. I gathered the standard knowledge of how to add text, pictures, create columns, and add colors in order to create my magazine. Thus, I furthered my production skills by learning to navigate the program and becoming efficient enough tot know how to create a magazine from scratch. I also developed production skills in the realm of advertising and distribution, by learning to target a specific audience, since that would increase my outreach. For example, I am targeting older teens to people in their twenties, and those are the typical users of social media. Therefore, my magazine will be promoted and advertised through several social media sites, thus targeting my chosen audience age range. Furthermore, I learned that in order to successfully produce a magazine, it needs to be distributed and you must utilize a distribution company. I chose a local company since that goes in-line with my choice of region that I would be selling to. Therefore, I now believe I am confident enough to know how to create a concept for a magazine, actually make the magazine using InDesign, target a specific audience, and get it distributed in my local area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl Ads: Product, Audience, and Advertising Techniques

The first commercial we viewed, was an ad for the NFL. The target audience would be predominantly men since that makes up the majority of their regular viewers. However, the commercial had two famous football players doing the dance with the song from the movie, Dirty  Dancing.  Therefore, this would attract more female viewers as this was seen as a chick-flick years ago, thus drawing in an adult female audience. Some techniques used, included having celebrities in the commercial as well as using humor to entice the audience. The next commercial was an ad for the Winter Olympics. This ad's target audience would be parents, kids involved in sports, and a female audience. This is because the techniques used included showing old home videos of Lindsey Vonn, which would strike a sentimental chord with parents, as well as relate to kids. The ad also utilized the power of emotions, which caused the viewer to feel inspired, empowered, and proud, thus prompting them to hopefully tune-...

Project Selection-Magazine

When considering print journalism, there are certain aspects that entice me the most. Based on the previous examples of print journalism that I have been exposed to, I am mostly attracted to the magazines, due to their range of creativity. Although print journalism based off of news and current events interests me, I believe where I live is more so focused on the arts, which will allow me to explore my creativity. Ever since I was a child, I have thoroughly enjoyed doing photography. Therefore, I believe the magazine will be a good fit for me, since I will be able to put my photographs to good use. However, this project may be challenging, if I fail to brainstorm creative ideas for articles to match my photo-shoots.  Furthermore, photography is widely based on lighting, so timing the photo-shoots to where the lighting fits the mood or theme I'm going for may be a challenge. Moreover, finding locations that will allow me to take pictures free of charge may also pose to be challengin...