Skip to main content

Target Audience Research #3

My specified target audience, would be teenagers and people in their twenties that are drawn to all things fashion and beauty. Moreover, there is no dedicated education level, so long as the audience or reader is able to read and comprehend the magazine. Also, income level isn't a necessity to be able to enjoy the contents of the magazine, but they do need to be able to have the means to purchase a magazine to read it, and maybe a little spending money to buy featured products, although that's not necessary. The third and final magazine I researched to see how they market to their target audience which is similar to mine, is Elle. This magazine also tends to typically stay away from gossip articles, and focus more heavily on fashion and beauty trends, and includes features of models and well-known celebrities. Elle also utilizes social media sites to market their product. For example, Elle posts bits of their articles on Facebook which allow their massive following of 5.5 million people on there to see it, and possibly be more inclined to buy a copy of the magazine for themselves to be able to read the other articles. Elle also utilizes Facebook to interact with their followers and build a "relationship" with them, and build a more loyal following. for example, they posted a picture of a celebrity from the Grammy's and asked their followers what they thought of the outfit, and then replied to their comments. This interaction with their followers further establishes them as a dependable magazine. Furthermore, Elle successfully markets their products by having famous celebrities on the covers, which might propel that person's fans to buy their magazine because their favorite celebrity is on the cover. This is yet another strategic marketing move done by Elle magazine. Also, Elle is so successful, because they have been able to expand their brand internationally, thus expanding their audience. So, in order to better market a magazine, expanding your product to b applicable to several different types of cultural audiences increases your loyal following/audience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl Ads: Product, Audience, and Advertising Techniques

The first commercial we viewed, was an ad for the NFL. The target audience would be predominantly men since that makes up the majority of their regular viewers. However, the commercial had two famous football players doing the dance with the song from the movie, Dirty  Dancing.  Therefore, this would attract more female viewers as this was seen as a chick-flick years ago, thus drawing in an adult female audience. Some techniques used, included having celebrities in the commercial as well as using humor to entice the audience. The next commercial was an ad for the Winter Olympics. This ad's target audience would be parents, kids involved in sports, and a female audience. This is because the techniques used included showing old home videos of Lindsey Vonn, which would strike a sentimental chord with parents, as well as relate to kids. The ad also utilized the power of emotions, which caused the viewer to feel inspired, empowered, and proud, thus prompting them to hopefully tune-...

Project Selection-Magazine

When considering print journalism, there are certain aspects that entice me the most. Based on the previous examples of print journalism that I have been exposed to, I am mostly attracted to the magazines, due to their range of creativity. Although print journalism based off of news and current events interests me, I believe where I live is more so focused on the arts, which will allow me to explore my creativity. Ever since I was a child, I have thoroughly enjoyed doing photography. Therefore, I believe the magazine will be a good fit for me, since I will be able to put my photographs to good use. However, this project may be challenging, if I fail to brainstorm creative ideas for articles to match my photo-shoots.  Furthermore, photography is widely based on lighting, so timing the photo-shoots to where the lighting fits the mood or theme I'm going for may be a challenge. Moreover, finding locations that will allow me to take pictures free of charge may also pose to be challengin...