Skip to main content

Planning #1-Scheduling photoshoots


Today, I scheduled a photoshoot for Thursday 12/7/17. I am going to take pictures of my friend in a few locations down town, as well as interview her as she is an aspiring model. I chose to go take pictures of her in a coffee house, on top of a parking garage, and infront of colored walls located near Main Street. For each separate locationg, she will be doing an outfit change to match the mood of the scene. For example, when taking pictures in the coffee house, I am asking her to wear an over-sized comfy sweater, and wear her hair in a bun or down, but not done perfectly. This will fit the laid-back vibes of a coffee house. For the top of the parking garage, I want her to be more 'edgy' to correspond to the rough textures and cool toned colorsa round her. After completing out photoshoots, I will interview her on what it's like to be an asipiring model, and why she is so passioante about fashion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Superbowl Ads: Product, Audience, and Advertising Techniques

The first commercial we viewed, was an ad for the NFL. The target audience would be predominantly men since that makes up the majority of their regular viewers. However, the commercial had two famous football players doing the dance with the song from the movie, Dirty  Dancing.  Therefore, this would attract more female viewers as this was seen as a chick-flick years ago, thus drawing in an adult female audience. Some techniques used, included having celebrities in the commercial as well as using humor to entice the audience. The next commercial was an ad for the Winter Olympics. This ad's target audience would be parents, kids involved in sports, and a female audience. This is because the techniques used included showing old home videos of Lindsey Vonn, which would strike a sentimental chord with parents, as well as relate to kids. The ad also utilized the power of emotions, which caused the viewer to feel inspired, empowered, and proud, thus prompting them to hopefully tune-...

Project Selection-Magazine

When considering print journalism, there are certain aspects that entice me the most. Based on the previous examples of print journalism that I have been exposed to, I am mostly attracted to the magazines, due to their range of creativity. Although print journalism based off of news and current events interests me, I believe where I live is more so focused on the arts, which will allow me to explore my creativity. Ever since I was a child, I have thoroughly enjoyed doing photography. Therefore, I believe the magazine will be a good fit for me, since I will be able to put my photographs to good use. However, this project may be challenging, if I fail to brainstorm creative ideas for articles to match my photo-shoots.  Furthermore, photography is widely based on lighting, so timing the photo-shoots to where the lighting fits the mood or theme I'm going for may be a challenge. Moreover, finding locations that will allow me to take pictures free of charge may also pose to be challengin...